So you want to become a filmmaker, now what?
Perhaps some professional training may help you figure out the next step, or at least which direction you want to follow.
Here we have compiled a list of schools or centers that offer filmmaking courses in Vietnam. (*)
- Arena Hanoi: While Arena is best known for designing courses, its branch in Hanoi offers short-term training in after-effects and video editing.
- Comic Media Academy: Founded in August 2014, the academy is popular for animation-making courses. It also offers a short course on screenwriting.
- Hanoi Doclab: Located at Hanoi’s Goethe Institute, the small center has established itself as a supporter for independent documentary makers since 2009. Besides documentary-making courses, Doclab organizes screenings and limited film festivals.
- HTV: The Ho Chi Minh City-based TV station has long organized courses on filming and editing, including documentaries and news programs.
- KeyFrame: Claiming to offer the first-ever studio training in Vietnam, Key Frame organizes short-term courses on editing and after-effects besides 2D animation that is its specialization.
- RegEdu: At the training center that was founded in 2008, students can register for courses on filmming, editing and after-effects.
- Saigon International Film School: SIFS’s courses cover nearly every process of filmmaking, from screenwriting to post-production and acting. Taught by both international and local professionals, the courses can be completed in either short or long terms. Workshops on different themes are also available.
- The Center for Assistance and Development of Movie Talents: The non-profit center offers basic training in different sectors, including directing, screenwriting, and producing serial dramas and commercial videos. The courses are affordable and short-term. The center also has a free course on making documentaries.
- VTC Academy: Run by VTC, the academy is more specialized in designing and programming training. But, it has a visual effect course that runs for 72 hours.
* Please note that we have no association with the listed schools. Since we have not checked out all the courses, it would be advisable to do some research on the schools before making any commitment.